Scarlet Enclave

The keep of the Scarlet Enclave

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Scarlet Hand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haltman

PostSubject: The Scarlet Hand   Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Salutations, Scarlet Enclave!

Firstly, i shall introduce myself:

The name's James Hodgson, A.K.A Dascombe / Joseph Haltman in-game

allow me to apologise in advance if this is seen as any form of 'spam' or 'poaching' to your forums, i was
merely shown your rather interesting guild through a number of associates and thought that you might
be interesting in a fantastic roleplaying oppertunity:

After leaving retail many months ago and my RP behind i came across an online WoW community by the
name of 'Epilogue' (http://www.epilogue.co.nr/)
To cut the long-story short i will simply post a small portion of what the community has to offer:

Epilogue FAQ wrote:

- Interaction taken to a new level.
Let your actions impact the world and its inhabitants. Anything is possible; if you or a group of people are powerful enough you can conquer Orgrimmar, ransack and burn Stormwind to the ground or dominate the world. Since we have control of the server and your actions dictate the story, there will be no end to the possibilities. We want you to fully interact and immerse yourself in the world.

-Guilds with a niche.
We want guilds to be more than just a tag under your name. We want guilds to differ from one another. An ancient Elven guild with in depth knowledge of magic would have control over certain elementals and artifacts. The same guild that wields magic might have more trouble when it comes to brute force and martial mastery. You will be given custom spells and special abilities that relate to the guild you are a member of.

- Exploring
One aspect of the game which was a large disappointment for us was the lack of places to explore. There are no maps to decipher, no grand treasures waiting to be dug up or found in deep black caves. We will have hidden treasures and hidden custom places that may contain valuable knowledge and riches. To reach these places you will most likely have to find clues about their whereabouts or perhaps - if you are lucky enough - stumble upon one.

- Subclasses
This is still under discussion but there will be some kind of subclasses for you to choose for your character. Two examples that will be included are the Seer and the Explorer. These additional class choices will grant your character some extra powers or items to perhaps make exploring easier or the ability to gain knowledge of events that has yet to happen. More subclasses will be discussed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGmC79nMsz0&feature=channel_page - Seer video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sxvI9wFuYQ&feature=channel - Explorer video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ERONMIj2w&feature=channel - the now finished closed beta

(It is a private server constructed for RP purposes only, to become a member you need an active account on an official blizzard server, we still support their game and code.)

In simple words: its a private server tailored towards roleplayers with a fantastic programming team behind it along with its own community managers.

The reason i've come to the Scarlet Enclave is for two reasons:

The main reason is to raise awareness of a Scarlet Crusade guild i have planned for the realm, one which i attempted to create on retail but due to restricting game mechanics this proved difficult, the lead project manager of Epilogue is currently looking into making it possible for this Scarlet guild to be friendly towards the NPC's of Tyr's Hand
I already have a pair of dedicated officers who helped me in the inital project on Scarshield Legion but now that we're on a roleplaying server such as this, we hope to really get a thriving Scarlet Crusade community going

The second reason is slightly more less self-serving than the first Wink
There isn't just a Scarlet Crusade guild running, we have many other guild concepts thriving and several of them look extremely successful with players coming from many other RP servers both on retail and other private servers...
A Stromgarde guild, Stormwind Guard guild and even an Alterac guild...

The oppertunity is there for any amount of guilds be it a Gnomish Battalion or a Night Elven society...

So, i'll leave you with the above links in the hopes that this will have piqued your interest and i hope to see you on Epilogue!

*Salutes*

//Joseph Haltman

Edit: Should you wish to ask me anything else regarding Epilogue or anything else i've mentioned, do NOT hesitate in sending me a PM on the Epilogue forums, i'm on very often, my name on those forums are as 'Dascombe' you'll spot me as the ranting Scarlet Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:57 am

If I may add a little bit on?

To everyone who followed those links and had the same reaction as me - You can now pick up your jaws off the floor and slip them back on.

The links are safe, this isn't a hacker, and I think this idea is epic. The Explorer class fits Felanar (My character) perfectly, as he has explored for 0 years since the age of 12! The people working on this look so devoted with all the work they're putting into it, making new sub classes and everything. If no one else here thinks to reply to this, then understand that I will be willing to hear anything you have to offer and see more of it too Very Happy

I think the guild wouldn't be able to simply sever its bonds with our realm, the Sha'tar, just like that. The question stands (And I'll PM this to you in case you don't check back here) - Will you be able to create clones of our characters on your private realm with which to play at certain times?

Truly a grand idea, I hope this not only gets up from the floor but flies up to the heavens themselves ^^

Yours most interestedly
-Felanar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am

Felanar wrote:
The links are safe, this isn't a hacker,

Hehe, i should have worded that more correctly i had the same reaction on my old realm :/

Felanar wrote:

I think the guild wouldn't be able to simply sever its bonds with our realm, the Sha'tar, just like that. The question stands (And I'll PM this to you in case you don't check back here) - Will you be able to create clones of our characters on your private realm with which to play at certain times?

I can understand entirely where your coming from, after all one of my Scarlet friends is still wanting to play on SSL hehe

I think we have an explination somewhere on the forums that has a step-by-step guide how to access the private server and also to remain on retail...
I think its basically:
Make two copies of the game and re-install the patches on ONE of them up to 3.1.3 (took me a while to figure it out hehe) after which you then run that copy off Epilogue's starter icon and you'll be up and running on that private realm, thats the simple explination Razz
So yes, you will be able to re-make your characters on Epilogue and it will be easy since you start off at level 80 Wink

Also, to add a few more 'teasers' for you as to what Epilogue has to 'offer' Wink

Player made buildings - Players can contruct their very own buildings for RP use
    Subclasses - Specify your character further with the Guardian, Bounty Hunter, Seer and Explorer with additional quests, items and even some subclass-specific areas for you to behold
    Removed Levelling - Start off at level 80 to avoid the unrealistic task of 'levelling with NPC's in ALL zones (Currently only a few) being moved up to a more realistic level...Level 75 Hogger? Your not seeing things!
    New Currency system - Using 'Epilogue Tokens' a player is able to advance in their roleplay, more tokens means advancing in ranks with the Guardian and can be used for purchasing certain RP items, more to come for this!
    Stats re-engineered - Sick of PVPers and raiders getting ahead of you? In Epilogue all gear is statless! with the exception of Guardians getting an extremely minor stat-boost, this makes you as powerful in PVP as any other player whilst being able to keep the costmetics of your desired armour sets!
    Whole new custom-events and quests - Don't consider walking through Duskwood all alone, beasts and all manner of random-encounter 'events' can occur, bandits attacking, wolves hounding the roads and even Orc attacks in redridge
    HARDCORE events! - Think its all fun and games? Epilogue has a fantastic new event system which is purely optional, similar to 'heroic' instances, Hardcore events wield all manner of rewards, more epilogue tokens, guild advancement into unknown lands...all at a price, should you die in such an event you are gone for good and must re-make a new character! (Keep in mind though the 'removed levelling' pointer Wink )

If you have any questions, i'll keep popping back here to answer them Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:46 pm

*Picks his jaw up for a second time* I'm liking this more and more. I'll definatly have to check through the site and the forums some time. Voted Alliance for that quiz, it's now 125 alliance Vs 125 Horde (Or something even like that!). I must say though, about this:

Quote :
HARDCORE events! - Think its all fun and games? Epilogue has a fantastic new event system which is purely optional, similar to 'heroic' instances, Hardcore events wield all manner of rewards, more epilogue tokens, guild advancement into unknown lands...all at a price, should you die in such an event you are gone for good and must re-make a new character! (Keep in mind though the 'removed levelling' pointer )

Is that not, in your eyes, a little harsh? I mean, yes, they have a choice if they want to take part in such things, but they would loose -everything- including all the RP things they had earned via points.. Here's a good question - If someone dies:

A) Can they be ressurected by a priest or some other truly holy person, or is it that once they're dead they're gone? Better yet - Is there a time limit to be ressurected if you die after which your soul leaves or is it just dead & gone all at once?
B) If you die, everything you've earned is lost. Will all the land you've baught and built on (As shown in Westfall during that video) simply be wiped off or will it be dismantled / Burnt down?

I'm quite interested in finding out Very Happy

Your friendly forum troll
-Felanar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Felanar wrote:

Is that not, in your eyes, a little harsh? I mean, yes, they have a choice if they want to take part in such things, but they would loose -everything- including all the RP things they had earned via points..

I personally find the idea quite interesting, i've taken part in one such event in the closed beta though the GM who was in control of the NPC lagged out so it was a team of 5 of us versus a very laggy worgen Wink
But there is that consequence of risk always lurking...if you wish to expand your mighty guild you WILL have to run risks such as hardcore events and risk loosing you / your soldiers whereas if you avoid such events you will still remain 'intact' though expect the hardcore events to be relatively rare

Felanar wrote:

Here's a good question - If someone dies:

A) Can they be ressurected by a priest or some other truly holy person, or is it that once they're dead they're gone? Better yet - Is there a time limit to be ressurected if you die after which your soul leaves or is it just dead & gone all at once?

From what i know the rules are like this:

PVE (raid / instance) death = corpse run (as per usual in most cases)
RP death = Await a seer to revive you (will explain more about that in a sec)
Hardcore death = make sure you have several other character ideas planned because if you die in such events there is -NO- coming back

Felanar wrote:

B) If you die, everything you've earned is lost. Will all the land you've baught and built on (As shown in Westfall during that video) simply be wiped off or will it be dismantled / Burnt down?

Well...say your a soldier who dies during a hardcore event...what happens to that house is absolutely nothing, its purely up to other players in the area what happens to it, i assume that buildings WILL be able to be destoryed in some way or another but why would other players destroy it when they can simply just take it over?

And regarding RP deaths: the Seer subclass has ressurection as one of their primary 'abilities' they can recall a lost spirit to a player's body (I think there is a several day limit on how long your body can remain before it is truely unrevivable) but i'm sure that apart from seers that there are other methods, after all...it IS a roleplay server so i assume its purely up for debate, there were a few discussions regarding a 'quest line' in the spirit world for a form of 'spirit ress' but i assume there is a way unless your in a hardcore event
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:35 pm

My oh my, so many things you have truly thought through.. If, however, it is up to a player what happens to a dead players home / land then it leads me to this. After so long, a zone could be crammed side-to-side with players houses, you wouldn't see the grass through the wooden floorboards. Will there be a limit to how many people can build in one zone, how much you can place in the land you own or any such thing?

And to save me waisting your time on future questions, is all of this answered in the forums? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Felanar wrote:
My oh my, so many things you have truly thought through.. If, however, it is up to a player what happens to a dead players home / land then it leads me to this. After so long, a zone could be crammed side-to-side with players houses, you wouldn't see the grass through the wooden floorboards. Will there be a limit to how many people can build in one zone, how much you can place in the land you own or any such thing?

And to save me waisting your time on future questions, is all of this answered in the forums? Smile

I highly doubt that a zone will ever get so 'crammed' with buildings as the development team have specifically aimed for larger towns / cities of houses etc to be the brunt of attacks and raids by NPC's and what-not...

EG: If i build a town in the plaguelands i will expect to be under attack by random NPCs a lot more than if i built a small town in say Elwynn forest

Plus i -assume- that the GM's will gradually demolish some buildings as they fall into disuse and poor state of repair...

But you will find a lot of questions that have been answered on the 'Questions' section of the forums...
Also, if you happen to look at the main site and click on the 'Development Diary' you'll see what the Development Diary are currently working on, there is some fantastic stuff to be found in there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 pm

I fear for how much I'm about to have to read through. I said for others to check the forums, seems no one took notice though as no one else has replied. I'm registering on the forums as Felanar as we speak, so I'll probably be occupied for a short while reading through everything then making a post longer than my arm crammed full of stuff I can think of Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Well if you have any questions or anything i should be on MSN tomorrow after school so feel free to ask me any questions later on in the afternoon / evening Wink
Roadkill234@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dathran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Well hello there, Haltman!

It's an interesting idea there, but I do wonder about a few things.

- Permadeath.

I personally put a lot of efford in for example Dathran, and i'd not like that to be lost that easily.

- Scarlet Guild

I do not want to sound egoistic, but I do want to continue to lead the guild I have right now. I don't want to be pushed away in a corner.

I'm more then eager to try it out however. Just give a shout when you need me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scarlet.forumotion.com
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Grand Crusader Eranor wrote:

- Permadeath.

I personally put a lot of efford in for example Dathran, and i'd not like that to be lost that easily.

Like i said, its purely optional, you do have the choice before each and every hardcore mode event to opt out and GM's will always inform you if its a hardcore event or not

Grand Crusader Eranor wrote:

- Scarlet Guild

I do not want to sound egoistic, but I do want to continue to lead the guild I have right now. I don't want to be pushed away in a corner.

I'm more then eager to try it out however. Just give a shout when you need me.

I understand you completly, i'm just looking around for any other Scarlet roleplayers and to be honest your the only other guys i've found out of every other RP realm Razz
I just enjoyed my time in Epilogue so much (Even though its only been the closed beta so far!) that i think that once it comes to open beta (Which anyone can take part in) its going to be so much more amazing and currently the concept i have for this Scarlet guild is to set up a base in Tyr's Hand (The project leader says it might be possible to make the NPC's friendly to the guild) and get a fully working RP community, similar to what you currently have going here though with the added function of having buildings, scripted events and i've even heard that its possible for the GM's to 're-skin' the areas of plaguelands and even the ruins of New Avalon back into grassy land

My dream is to see New Avalon minus the death-knight incursion but with buildings all over the place, a fully thriving community and a kingdom to match that of Stormwind...

Though with a nearby Alterac guild possibly setting up, there should be some interesting conflicts too...

Once again, its purely up to you i'm just here to 'spread the Scarlet word' so to say Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Quote :
You think we would -let- you die so easily? I can name at least five people (Myself included) who would take a bullet for Dath, maybe even die for him in game Razz A hardcore event could be the turning point of so many big things, such as bringing down a necropolis or blowing a scourge base sky-high. Sooner or later, the time will come to take part in one, and I can assure you that should anyone be given the chacne to save your sweet ass, they'd do it (If not for you, then for the Scarlet Enclave as a whole). After all, who are we without a leader?

As for the topic of owning land - I call dibs on a tent and two graves in the Barrens! By a tree, they must be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Felanar wrote:
You think we would -let- you die so easily? I can name at least five people (Myself included) who would take a bullet for Dath, maybe even die for him in game Razz A hardcore event could be the turning point of so many big things, such as bringing down a necropolis or blowing a scourge base sky-high. Sooner or later, the time will come to take part in one, and I can assure you that should anyone be given the chacne to save your sweet ass, they'd do it (If not for you, then for the Scarlet Enclave as a whole). After all, who are we without a leader?

As for the topic of owning land - I call dibs on a tent and two graves in the Barrens! By a tree, they must be Very Happy

Wow, you certainly have some loyal guildies with you, Dathran Wink

But after looking over it carefully, i've noticed that as Felanar said...if its a hardcore event to blow up a scourge necropolis players are going to think over it carefully, the whole point of the hardcore events is purely to put players into more of a 'We actually got to think this over' mindset rather than just mindless zerg-rushing places thinking there are limitless revives (I've seen this happen on Scarshield Legion sadly :/)

And i read somewhere there will soon be a measurement of 'guild power' in which guilds and other organisations will be allocated 'power' levels which set the requirement for taking over zones / towns

EG: A Scarlet guild with a power level of 500 can't take over Stratholme because Stratholme requires a power level of 1000 (not over 9000 Wink ) but it still doesn't mean you'll nessecarrily take it over, hence why events like that need to be planned ICly etc etc

And it seems we both have loyal friends, Dathran, i've got two friends coming from SSL who would willingly sacrifice themselves for my character in-game! hehe (Admittedly they are both real crazed zealots Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Quote :
loyal guildies
Obviously you've not met Felanar. When it comes to doing stuff for the Crusade it's not so much "Yes sir" and nor is it "For Lordaeron!". It's more along the lines of "My lord, in 53 years this is probably the only thing I've not done.. Hell, lets give it a shot!"

I just don't show it as much as I could.. Come to think of it, I dunno how I would go about getting that through to everyone. But heck, I'm getting off topic, is there anything else you wish to tell us, the really big things? I've had a quick browse of the forums, left a character post and I'll be leaving a suggestion shortly. never the less, it's far too much for someone with the attention span I have =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:13 pm

S wrote:
Rp Buildings:
Tents
Houses
Inn
Church/Cathedral
Walls

Resource:
Lumber mill (+25/day)
Quarry (+20/day)
Mine (+10/day)
Blacksmith (Upgrade your guild members attack power)
Farm (Grow plants)

Special:
Advanced engineering building (Only crafters can obtain the blueprint for this building)
More will be added under special with time.

These are many of the roleplay buildings etc you can produce with the new in-game system on Epilogue

Basically you have 3 resources:

Wood (Common)
Stone (Slightly less common than wood)
Iron (Rare)
Food <--- Coming later

You initially start with construcing tents which are the simple building, you simply need wood for it
After which you can start building other buildings, similar to a teir system where buildings have their own pre-requisites (Sort of like going back to old RTS gaming Wink )
The top building you can make so far is the HQ which requires 2000 lumber, 900 stone and 1500 Iron
This 'ultimate' building effectively grants you the possibility to control a zone

http://www.theothertale.com/epibilder/diary27.jpg

The above link is an image of the Stromgarde guild should they have a HQ and it shows their progressively increasing territory which is a concept in development

Your buildings are only constructed by GM's who are roleplay local landlords or regional barons who might first request you do a ' quest' for them before your able to build on their land...
This of course does not apply to areas like the plaguelands or Dragonblight where there are NO such barons etc which i have yet to find out what happens in such a case, i assume the GM's will simply spawn the buildings for you at no requirement Razz

As well as buildings, you can have natural disasters which the GM's randomly dish out...
One day your mine could collapse and put it out of action for 2 days
Your workers could get attacked by wild animals

And regarding subclasses you can gain access to different levels of subclass each with new content added to it
There is also a special '5th level' in which characters gain important traits which can affect the RP of the whole realm

Epilogue 5th Level Abilities wrote:
Guardian: General (Commands where and how the alliance should defend/attack)
Seer: Oracle (Visions gained by the oracle might be of crucial importance)
Explorer: Earth teller (Has found ancient knowledge and relics that can sway most battles)
Bountyhunter: Stalker (Has eyes and contacts everywhere)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dathran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:09 am

Haltman wrote:
Felanar wrote:

Wow, you certainly have some loyal guildies with you, Dathran Wink

But after looking over it carefully, i've noticed that as Felanar said...if its a hardcore event to blow up a scourge necropolis players are going to think over it carefully, the whole point of the hardcore events is purely to put players into more of a 'We actually got to think this over' mindset rather than just mindless zerg-rushing places thinking there are limitless revives (I've seen this happen on Scarshield Legion sadly :/)

And i read somewhere there will soon be a measurement of 'guild power' in which guilds and other organisations will be allocated 'power' levels which set the requirement for taking over zones / towns

EG: A Scarlet guild with a power level of 500 can't take over Stratholme because Stratholme requires a power level of 1000 (not over 9000 Wink ) but it still doesn't mean you'll nessecarrily take it over, hence why events like that need to be planned ICly etc etc

And it seems we both have loyal friends, Dathran, i've got two friends coming from SSL who would willingly sacrifice themselves for my character in-game! hehe (Admittedly they are both real crazed zealots Wink )

My question still is, how will it be lead?
Back to top Go down
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 am

I assume your regarding to how the staff works around on Epilogue

Basically its got its own team of GM's

Seer GM's who are responsible for being spirits in the spirit world to guide the seers and coming up with new visions
Explorer GM's who are responsible for placing new chests around the world and providing the explorers with clues to find them
Guardian GM's who come up with new events for Guardians to take part in
Bounty Hunter GM's...i'm unsure about...i assume they will take part in acting as NPC's of the Skalaek Order (A group of bounty hunters)

Community Managers will be on for a large amount of the time, if you wish to contact a GM ICly or OOCly you use the ticket system and explain your situation be it a player with an inappropriate name etc etc (usual GM business) as well as RP tickets for say...requesting to contact a landlord who the GM will then appear as to talk to you

But for the most part, the server is led by the players with the GMs simply there for responses, the development team will be adding new features as the realm progresses though the large majority of the roleplay on the realm will be created by the players themselves, the GM's hold little sway in this

For example if you get a vision as a seer and its one the GM has created for you it is by no means a form of manipulating how you roleplay as these visions are unique since they allow you to interpret them differently.

However, unlike a few other private servers there will be no corrupt GM's on this realm as the Development team take it very seriously and seem extremely willing to sort out your problems and greviances Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dathran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:09 am

No, I want to know how the Scarlet Branch will be lead.

I'm currently leading my Server's scarlets and I don't want to drop that, if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:11 am

Ahh right, i see

Well my guild setup is as follows:

Commander

Captain, Grand Assassin, Grand Abbot

Lieutenant, Chief Assassin, High Priest

Footman, Infiltrator, Priest

Recruit, Scout, Acolyte

Thats the guild's ranking from top to bottom, currently its me as the Commander and my two
old officers who used to help the Scarlet Hand on Scarshield Legion who are Captain Arathius
and Grand Abbot Willoughby

The guild (at least the military section) is divided into three sections

The Infantry lead by the captain, this is warriors and paladins
The Infiltration platoon lead by the Grand Assassin
and the Priestly section lead by the Grand Abbot

Currently, all mages who join will be in the Grand Abbot's section though if there is enough
demand for mages it will likely become a seperate platoon

The Commander is overall leader of the guild and sends down orders to the Captain, Grand Assassin
and Abbot who then put these into practice, each of whom have their own 'Sub-officer' who helps them
out with training, meetings etc and generally being loyal aides.

As well as the Military section i'll likely have a 'citizen' rank kept seperate which is essentially there for
anyone who wishes to be a citizen of the Scarlet city of Tyr's Hand be it a blacksmith...farmer...town crier
or anything else you can imagine...

To start off when the realm kicks off i aim to have the guild start off somewhere in the Plaguelands, scattered
after the events of Wrath of the Lich king and the battle at the Scarlet Enclave, we will start off in the western
area of the Eastern Plaguelands and gradually fight our way back to Tyr's Hand to re-establish a base due to
Tyr's Hand remaining relativly intact after the battle, we will hopefully be able to re-gain and re-build the Scarlet
Enclave and possibly (I read that it might be possible) to re-grow the ground back to what it was...

I got a lot of fantastic ideas awaiting this guild though the main problem is gathering the nessecary members in order
to make it thrive.

Due to the guild being part of an actual in-game faction the GM's will be monitoring how our progress goes and perhaps even grant us additional bonuses such as NPCs etc since the only remaining 'leader' of the Scarlet Crusade is Galvar Pureblood (Currently stationed at Hearthglen) who will likely be sending us orders ICly though i'm still wondering if Grand Crusader Dathrohan will still be alive at this point

Overall, the guild will be based on the Scarlet Crusade as it is in-game...not this Scarlet Onslaught rubbish, we're anti-death knight and will not hesitate to slay scourge minions on sight and consider the Onslaught to be traitors due to abandoning the city of Tyr's Hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dathran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:49 am

Alright that clears it up.

We won't join Smile

It may sound egoistic, but I won't go for less then leading the Scarlet Faction. I've worked hard and I won't give that up.
You are now just recruiting for -YOUR- guild from mine and I don't want that.

Sorry Smile
Back to top Go down
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:04 am

You're sure you just want to pass up such a chance as this, Dathran? You could very well be the Captain (One of a kind) and be ordered about by only the Commander. You're sure you don't want to lull the idea a bit before just turning it away?

On another topic - I used to hang about with a group of.. What's the word? Evil RPers, but everytime they had an idea, it would escelate for about a month and then collapse. In the end, they mostly gave up. The few core members, however, stayed on and still continue to try and cause some real evilRP on The Sha'tar.

I've contacted the group about this post, as I'm friends with the core members (Despite my lack of contact other than via the forums they use) and a few do seem interested. I can PMK you a link to the site they use, their forum, so you can offer them something (Or so you can pass on the info about these evil people to someone planning an assassins guild or such).

They do have one major concern, and that is that with Epilogue being on a Private Server, certain rules of WoW could be broken.. I vaguely remember a rule about Private Servers being a big "No" in WoW. I can't really think of the question here, but can you say if the private server Epilogue shall be on will be safe to play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dathran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 am

I've developed Dathran and the guild into an entirely different Scarlet Concept. While we stay true to the lore of course.

Nonetheless, our characters have gotten different wishes and behaviour and I won't be able to drop that all. I can't.
The guild is currently succesful on the Sha'tar. We don't need a private server to have fun, we have it now. If joining you means i'll lose the concept I've worked on for months, then I must deny this kind offer.
Back to top Go down
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:21 am

Sorry to hear that, Dathran though i wish your guild well in your continuation!

Felanar wrote:
I've contacted the group about this post, as I'm friends with the core members (Despite my lack of contact other than via the forums they use) and a few do seem interested. I can PMK you a link to the site they use, their forum, so you can offer them something (Or so you can pass on the info about these evil people to someone planning an assassins guild or such).

They do have one major concern, and that is that with Epilogue being on a Private Server, certain rules of WoW could be broken.. I vaguely remember a rule about Private Servers being a big "No" in WoW. I can't really think of the question here, but can you say if the private server Epilogue shall be on will be safe to play?

I would greatly appreciate that Felanar, i'm attempting to find roleplayers from all walks of life be it evil or good Smile

As for the concern your friends have, its quite alright from what i've seen...
Blizzard use a program by the name of 'Warden' which is effectively useless as its used to find out what realm your account is logging into...
The way that Epilogue bypasses this is by running it on a completly seperate launcher and not using your retail account name and details therefore making you completly anonymous.
It is to an extent 'illegal' as it is using Blizzard's coding which is why 'S' wants players on Epilogue to have an active WoW account as he respects Blizzard and the hard work put into their coding.

To be honest, i don't mind the factor if it being on a private server as the amount of effort put into it far outweighs Blizzard's horrific response times and general attitude towards roleplay servers and their poor maintinance on the rules which have been put on them.

So overall, yes you and your friends will be perfectly save on this Private Server as there is absolutely no way in which Blizzard can trace back to your account...there is the incredibly unlikely chance of the server getting shut down (Of which there has only been two reported cases of Blizzard ACTUALLY shutting down a private server, most just fall apart out of other methods) but should it ever fall to that, your accounts on retail are completly secure and anonymous from Blizzard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarnation

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:39 am

How many active players are there throughout the entire server at this time?
Also I can not find the realmlist information anywhere on either the forums nor the epilogue site itself. Ive tried looking in FAQ but it seems to be the only information that I can not find.

Also I am going to dissmiss any accusations stating that private server are for noobs and no lifers, and this is the reason why: You see those who play on a private server as noobs due to the fact that it is easy and takes no skill what-soo-ever and that leveling is a non existing factor. Well this is not what we are out to experience as Roleplayers, is it? Do we really even want to level and use countless of hours grinding the gear you need to even start Roleplaying for real...? NO! It is absolutely not what we are out to experience. Blizzard entertainment did a messed up job tending to the Roleplayer community and this is where I think a change can be made. Actual player interaction which is permanent! Not like the "fading" effect that blizzard icluded in the WOTLK expansion which was a half assed attempt on making some special effects to cover up the complete failure of Roleplay creativity for the players. I for one have great expectations for this Epilogue project which is going on and are going to be willing, assisting in any way that I can. Do keep in mind though, Dathran, that I am not dropping my retail server status as an active member.
Let me ask you others about something that you have doubtlessly thought about at least one time before. When was the last time you wished for more world interaction with the game enviourment? When was the last time you actually wished you had a way in contributing to the RP "resources/story". Therefore I dismiss the accusations by those who are afraid of trying something new and creative... I know that I will without a doubt be shuned for what I am saying right now but that is a small price to pay to get the truth which soo many people hide from out into the open for everyone to behold...
I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haltman

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:15 am

Tarnation wrote:
How many active players are there throughout the entire server at this time?
Also I can not find the realmlist information anywhere on either the forums nor the epilogue site itself. Ive tried looking in FAQ but it seems to be the only information that I can not find.

To answer your question there:

The realm-list information has gone down at the moment now that closed beta is over, i have no doubt that they will make it available as soon as the open beta is up and available for everyone

Tarnation wrote:

due to the fact that it is easy and takes no skill what-soo-ever and that leveling is a non existing factor.

Hehe, don't think its all so easy, since everyone starts off at level 80 the Epilogue team have bumped up all the NPCs in low-level areas up to 70-80 so that you don't simply run through the forest 1-shotting every single mob Smile
Adds a tad more to the realism factor imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scarlet Hand   

Back to top Go down

The Scarlet Hand
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next