Scarlet Enclave

The keep of the Scarlet Enclave

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

For the Group!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarnation

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 am

Name: Grindorm Droptin
Race: Male Dwarf
Class: Hunter (Going for a (brown) bear as pet)
Proffesions: Skinning and Leatherworking seeing as it would fit his class which would involve wrestling beasts with his own bare hands (rawr!) and then taking their skin as a trophy.
Description: Your average dwarf, you wont find him without at least one mug of beer within his grasp and his trusty rifle in his other. Brown thick hair with a matchin filling beard which may smell a lot alike a farm house covered in booze.
History: Having Hemet Nesingwary as his hero and being raised in the region of Loch Modan and having been there his whole life, Grindorm Droptin aims to become a top game hunter and travel all around the world to follow in his masters footsteps.
Allignment: Neutral/Neutral Good.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also regarding leveling in the starter zones, I was thinking of everyone in the group just level up in their own starter areas seeing as they all got different ones being unique races as they are. Level to 6 and the moment you hit that last piece of EXP, you bail on everything, learn your spells and just get to your local city and do not kill anything what-soo-ever and then wait for everyone else to finish their leveling. After everyone is done and in their own factions city, one of the member will get a warlock to summon everyone else to the area of which we want to level up further in.

Sounds Good?

Last edited by Tarnation on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 am

Problem with that is the chains- Doesn't some of the starter area quests have chains that run into more quests? (Like Defias, sticking with the example), which means some people might not be able to get the same quests as others
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:31 am

I still prefer the Portal idea, as then everyone would get exp for finding SW, the places on the way to northshire and the quests Razz But as I said, we don't all need to be the exact same amount of exp.

So far we have a Rouge, a Hunter and a Mage, so we have 3 dps. We need a Draenei and a Night Elf Razz I'd happily be either, if need be and someone else can be the human. We need a tank and a healer, so a Pirest/Pally and a Pally/Warrior/Druid Very Happy

As Tarnation will be taking Skinning / Leather Working, I'll become a Warlock and take up Tailoring / Enchanting. Everything is the same, bar his class and professions now. OK then, we need a Tank, Healer, Draenei and a Night Elf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ransagast

PostSubject: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:03 am

I would say it's a good theory of an idea... Tho it will draw your RP away from the main purpose of this webpage which is the enclave not some alts really and that would mean more inactivity than we have already which will wear down upon our events and our effectivity... I am not trying to be rude.. Just saying it takes off the focus of the Enclave and divert your interest else where tho we cannot say you can't just in my experince when people do such a thing they tend to drop their mains and rarely be online... Like faction chance *coughs* Tiranar *coughs*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:44 am

Fear not, friend Razz This won't be a 24/7 thing. Obviously with some members having Real Life things to do on some days of the week, and events happening on others, we're bound not to have every day for The Group.

After we've all made our characters, we'll simply talk times. What days everyone is free on and how often we meet up for it. We don't want to over-do it. Trust me when I saw we won't become... What's the word? Lacking in activity when it comes to guild events. The Enclave comes before The Group, enough said. (Prays this apeases Dathran)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 am

Just want to say... if either of the two left would rather be a gnome or a dps, I'd be more than happy to roll any other class/race if anyone wants this one, if not I might reroll Fen to a Rogue to fit the Melee dps slot in the group, yeah, and ignore the race bonus with the int... but make the most of escapist as a rogue.

And what about for the remaining two- A Priest(ess) of elune and a Draeni Paladin? both make sense, and would be interesting to see, but people make their own choices, eh? ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:27 am

I was thinking myself about a priest(ess) of Elune, perhaps a Draenei warrior Razz I'm the same as Stoen - I'll be happy to reroll any race and any class (Except priest! I've had enough of them!) if anyone wants the roll of Human. I have to say, though, would a mage not be better thana rouge for their ability to make portals, food and water? Just saying is all Razz Come to think of it, a Human's raciels are being better with swords and maces, so maybe smeone should roll a human fighter and I roll something else?

Eh, I'll see how thigns go first. Come on, you two! Post faster!

Edit: I just thought... With Tarnation's Hunter, having a druid in the group with him might not be the best of ideas... "I want to kill everything fuzzy!" and "I want to save everything fuzzy!" don't work well together. The same could be said about Warlocks and Paladins, but I'm sure someone said earlier about having polar oposites. Their classes might clash, but they're still friends... Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:35 am

Yeah, I was only going rogue because you were goin Lock Fel ^^ otherwise we'd have had 3 clothies, not the best combo on loot rolls, if I was goin rogue, that way we'd only have 2 clothies and 2 leathers and 1 mail, better lewz for all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levis

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Seeing the warlock had been taken... *Shoots Felanar* I will settle with a blueskin shaman...

Name: Ustinya Valishna (female, I hate bearded blueskins)
Race: Draenei
Class: Shaman
Proffesions: Herbalism/Alchemy
Description: She is a blueskinned draenei who keeps herself silent and only comes in when she needs to. The younger races are a bit quick witted to her, and she takes the time to commune with the elementals.
History: No idea.
Allignment: Neutral

Might level her as resto or enhancement so if you want me to be the healbitch just say so. If you want me to be the melee bitch just say so. Elemental... well if it's needed I might do even do the ranged bitch part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:18 pm

At the moment? you're the healbitch ^^
I think whoever's left is our tank, yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Night Elf warrior or Night Elf druid, eitgher can tank. Your call, Final guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarnation

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:59 am

Hey Stoen, I just wanted to inform/ask about one small detail which made me raise an eyebrow.
Your gnome, hes about 53 years old something, right? I was just wondering if it would be wise to have that age as a rogue, seeing as the age would me much more suited for a mage. Of course you can switch the age but Im just giving you a heads up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levis

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:06 am

Healbitch it is. By the vay Stoen can you help me vith the addon to speak vith an accent? I also found a possible problem regarding my totems... How can we solve that? Just running backto azuremyst and back to where we are when I should learn a totem sounds stupid, but it's important for us. The same counts for other classquests like the druidforms and hunter pets.

Who's the final guy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:00 am

On your point Tir, I'm working in gnomish years, not Common, and 53 is late 20's for a gnome seeing as they live to 200(ish, I think) but feel free to correct me.
With the totems e.t.c, there's a shammy trainer in SW, so at least (I think) the quests will start from there... so we have reasons to explore and follow it, though I think Droods would be a wee bit screwed
With the addon, it's tongues, need any help, ask more in-game ^^
Final guy. no idea, can't remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horad

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 am

Name: Narvetr? Some odd Nelf-y name like that.
Race: Nelf
Class: Nelf Warrior.
Proffesions: Erm. Mining, Blacksmithing.
Description: A bit shorter than other Nelves, around 5"10', violet skin, green eyes, black ponytail, acts kind of indifferent to anyone outside The Group. He gets over-excited at times, and has nearly been arrested for burning down some old guy's farm when a thief was hiding there.
History: As above, my stylish Nelf as on the run when he ran into X from The Group, and asked him/her to help him out. In typical style for their class, they would've helped Narvetr and got the authorities to step off. Narvetr then followed them around for a while as a sort of annoying bodyguard.
Allignment: Choatic Good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:41 am

Mmkay, we have everyone planned out at long last! They are as goes:

A Human Warlock called Brattle Holmes with the professions Tailoring and Enchanting. (Played by Felanar (Me)) This gives the group someone to look at the darker side of life.

A Gnome (Is it Mage or Rouge? I prefer Mage, but it’s your call) called Fendwel "Scruffs" Busybolt with the professions _____ & Engineering (The elf took Mining, so choose another! Razz) (Played by Stoen) This gives the group someone to look at the shadier/arcane side of life.

A Dwarf Hunter called Grindor Droptin with the professions Skinning and Leather Working. (Played by Tarnation) This gives the group someone to look at the most beatial, survival side of life.

A Draenei Shamman called Ustinya Valishna with the professions Herbalism and Alchemy. (Played by Levis) This gives the group someone to look at the elemental side of life.

A Night Elf Warrior called Narvetr (Or something Night-elfy) with the professions Mining and Blacksmithing. (Played by Horad) This gives the group a more… Er… “Let’s set fire to stuff!” point of view of life?

That means we have 1 or 2 Clothies, 1 or 2 Leathers and 1 Mail. At level 40, it gives us 1 or 2 Clothies, 2 Mails and 1 Plate Very Happy We have a Healer and 3 dps (Either way).

Sounds like a good mix to me Very Happy We just need Stoen to decide between Mage or Rouge, Stoen to pick a different profession and we’ll be off and away. No matter which you decide, Stoen, there are still going to be two people using one kind of armour, so pick-pick-pick! Razz

On a side note – Engineering and Blacksmithing both require Mining. If you pick Jewel Crafting, that’s be 3 Professions been fead by one guys findings, so we might have need to buy certain thigns, or have off-days where we simply farm mats instead of levelling. We can make these characters as independent from our mains or as needy of them as we like, it’s the choice of you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horad

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:56 am

My main won't bolster Narvetr mostly, and I don't mind farming for Stoen or any others. So, when we're all online and ready, we can start. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:06 am

He's a Rogue ^^ 3 clothies are too much, and at lv 40, rogues still use leather
as for the second proff... how does Inscription sound? kinda rolling some DnD Gnome into it there... being kinda artsy with it ^^
unless of course we do a last moment swap so Fel goes melee and I go mage... but I'm happy with a rogue ^^ go teh daggerz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:25 am

Rouge you are then, but SToebn, we wouldn't have 3 clothies if you rolled Mage, we'd only have 2 silly Razz

Warlock (Me) is a Clothie.

Rouge (You) along with Hunter and Shamman are all leather wearers up till 40 where Shamman and Hunters go Mail.

Warrior who's a mail wearer till 40 where he uses plate Razz

For the first 40 levels, you rolling rouge is putting our poor leatherworker down xD Then again, we'll kill so many ebasts, he'll have mroe than enough fur to make, reinforce and supply me with greens to d/e and Enchant his armour. This'll work is such a grand way Very Happy Logging on now, here's hoping you're all online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:48 am

Hehe... I fail, keep thinking healer is a priest. but there isn't much healing leather, so our poor healer will be wearing cloth like you... though you make a fair point, but I think we need at least 1 melee dps (and pets don't count, mr hunter and mr warlock!), and if we ever reach 40, I will be the only leather wearer! bwahahahaha!
Though being a mage sounds fun... I'll be on soon enough... I'll think about it over dindins ^^ hope I'm not too late...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:58 pm

OK all, I've made a thread called "Journal of the Group" in the library section of the forums, so if you have screenshots, short stories or snatches from the night to tell, post it there! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

If either Horad or Levis are reading this - Where are you!? The group's not had an event in near a week (Or two? forget) because of your absence! >< C'mon, guys. I made this so we could play it through the game, not till level 10! Razz I'm guessing A WoW subsciption's ran out somewhere along the line.. If so, at least give me a sign here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levis

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:12 pm

School... Find a new person for me Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:20 am

Damnit all. Now we just have to find out what's happened to Horad. Cheers for the answer, Levis... So then, anyone feel like rolling a... What were you again, Levis, a Draenei? btw - Going away later today, getting back about lunchtime tomorrow. I'll see you all then!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:20 am

Aye, Levis was our Draenei healer... not much scope for a re-roll, seeing as whoever picks up the roll will be confined to 3 classes, unless, dare I say it, we start again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Group!   

Back to top Go down

For the Group!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next