Scarlet Enclave

The keep of the Scarlet Enclave

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Reminiscent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ethrean Firehand

PostSubject: Reminiscent    Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:41 pm

I don't know if anyone is still out there...
If, maybe, someone gets notifications, an email or something when someone posts... It's been so long, I can't imagine any of us still check by here, not anymore.
But... I wanted to leave something, some.. Mark.
For those that do happen upon it, slim though the chances may be.
I wanted to say a few things I didn't back then. Six, seven, eight years ago... I can't even remember how far back, but I should have said them then.
First off, for those who wander and find that they have tread old ground and come across this message, Hello, it's good to see you again.
Or perhaps it's good to see you for the first time.
Maybe the last time.
Regardless... It's good to see you. It always was. It always will be.
It was good to be able to log on, all those years ago and just feel... Excitement, not at the prospect at playing the game, but in the knowledge I was about to play the game with some of the best Role-players, period.
I wholeheartedly believe that. You guys truely were the best there was, the best there could be.
Never have I seen a guild so reviled and yet so respected at the same time, there were people couldn't wait to play with us, to be involved in the incredible stories we crafted and there were people that did everything they could to ruin things for us.
There were even a few occasions where cheap imitation's cropped up, but they didn't last long. How could they? Scarlet RP was dominated by us and if we were still around, would continue to be.
We fell on hard times, more than once, but we dealt with it. We didn't buckle and collapse, not until the very end, even though I know there's still an incarnation of us over on SWTOR, fighting on, holding our ideals.
How we dealt with things though, that's what truely made us great.
Every time things looked bleak, we came back, swinging and screaming and ready for more.
We were twice the guild half the Scarlets are now.
Dathran, you're an incredible man. I have the utmost respect for you and know your life will have gone places. You're a born leader, you never cracked under the pressure of what the more ignorant people we would play around threw at us, you guided us and made us into something I hope you were proud of, because you should be.
I salute you and wish you the best of luck with whatever turns your life has taken.
Merthyc, as second in command you were incredible. I know that a few times you had to take the reins and you took to it so easily, I know you were an integral part of so many plot points and stories that we had the joy to be a part of.
I salute you, you made a wonderful world that much more fantastic.
Aldrathorn, you're a stubborn ass.
But that's what made you incredible, too. There was no backing down, no slipping up, if there was a problem IC or out you could count on Aldra' to wade in and put it to rest.
Your stoicism and strength of character made you someone to look up to and gave people something to strive for.
For all that you did and still do, I salute you.
There are so many of you that I used to interact with, Ethrean would never have come to be one of my favourite characters without all of you, my friends. My brothers and sisters at arms.
Thank you, so, so much.
I miss you all, dearly.
People used to think I was wasting my time playing WoW as much as I did, but I can look back and safely say that when I've met such incredible people as all of you, how could that ever be called a waste of time?
Thank you again, for making a slightly older RP'er memories to be reminiscent over.
First of the Scarlet Magi,
Ethrean Firehand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightjon

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscent    Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:23 pm

I came here for the same reason you did.

To reminisce.

Here is something to help.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Reminiscent
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scarlet Enclave :: Off topic and out of Character :: Off topic-
Jump to: