Scarlet Enclave

The keep of the Scarlet Enclave

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vlance's Jewel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Felanar

PostSubject: Vlance's Jewel   Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:15 pm

So, this is mostly for Nadim, as she's the one holding the jewel. But if anyone's curious about the jewel, or a small bit of Vlances past that explains why his brother's are either dead or mute, then do read on! They all have titles, so skip to what you arn't sure of! First, the jewel!!!

How he got it:
While she was still alive, Drellia (Vlances lover) had put a smidget of her soul into a small green gem, and she had given that to her friend, Thomas, a blacksmith. During her absence, from which she never returns (Read Vlance's story, it'll give details on her death), Thomas makes a sword, with the jewel worked into the crossguard, between the hilt and the blade of the sword.

Now, Drellia wrote back to Thomas to see how the sword was comming. She planned to stick the letter into a Booty Bay mailbox, buuut, she died before she had the chance to... The letter went into her diary, and her diary found its way into vlances bag. After Vlance found the note, while rumaging through his abg, he up and walked out on the Scarlets.

A long time later, he came face to face with a haunting memory from his past (Whom I shalln't name or detail, but I will say is "A bad guy"). Said memory has the sword Thomas crafted. Durign a fight, the sword is shattered and the bad guy is beaten! Vlance takes up the jewel, and it shines dimply when he picks it up.

He makes it into a neclace, with a flim piece of string, and when it's put around his neck, he hears the voice of his wife. That's -how- got got it.

What the jewel is:
Half of the gem itself is Drellia's soul. It's good, it's pure, it's what Vlance hears. It's why he is so protective of it, and why he calls the gem "Her." He's refering to his wife.

The other half has been tainted by The Bad Guy. This part has gone undetected, even by Drellia's soul, and it has planted its seed of corruption on Vlance. Even though he doesn't hold the jewel, the corruption is still there and spreading.

How it works:
When it gem comes close to Vlance, within an arms reach, he can hear it speaking to him via a mental connection. When it talks, it glows. The brighter the glow, the louder it's talking, and the farther away Vlance can hear it from. The jewel glows brighter when Vlance has strong spikes of emotion, as it sences his spikes of emotion. Problem for the jewel is - If he goes Berzerker, his increased magic protection stops him hearing it.

What the jewel is doing:
The good side is talking to him.
The bad side is twisting him.

How can the jewel be stopped!?
The jewel itself has an enchantment on it. The enchantment allows the jewel to hold a soul inside. The enchantment protects the soul from religious magic, such as Light and Shadow, and in turn the piece of Drellia's soul protects the enchantment from any disenchantment. The spells simply fizzle when cast onto the gem!

This is a tough nut to crack. The enchantment makes the jewel unbreakable (Thank you, Nadim, for trying that one!). Maybe there is a way, I'll do some thinking on this one. It won't be anything big and showy - offy, but it won't be so small as a disenchantment!

What else should I know?
Vlance valews the jewel over anything. The corruption has reached him far enough to make him cold and calculated, he'll do anything it takes to take back what he has gone through so much trouble to get! If that includes spilling blood on holy ground, fighting against his commanding officers and his fellow soldiers, so be it. Vlance just doesn't care who gets hurt. it's like frickin' Gollem with The One Ring!

Vlances past:
OK, loooong story short:

Vlances Dad was a Necromancer, and he quietly practices his proffesion, unknown to Vlance, Lorias or Kankalion (Brother). His mother had passed away several eyars hence, which is why his father started to dable in necromancy. Buuut, he quickly turned to the Dark Side and lost track of his previous intentions.

He enthralled (Magicaly enslaved) Vlance when he was 15. Vlance cut down his younger brother, Kankalion, who was only 14.

Kankalion was rissen as a ghoul, a mindless one.

When his father tried to do the same to Lorias, 10 years old, Lorias did something no one expected. He burnt up the small amount of magic he had. It guzzled down his mana pool and quickly dug down onto his life force. Scars bloomed all over Lorias' body (Hence the bandages he wears) and he lost his voice (Hence why he's a mute). It also burnt out his ability to learn magic, hence why he's a crap wizard!

That big burst broke Vlances enthrallment, at which point he turned on his father and cut him down.

Kankalion, with the death of his father, began to whither and age. His body erupted, grew, and colapsed. Kankalion had become a full grown, free undead man. He later joined the Forsaken when they were formed in later years.

Lorias and Vlance escaped. They lived in the Stormwind Orphanage (Dresta was an Orphan, but Vlance had met her before all of this had started!).

The End
I understand there might be bits I've missed out, but that's why they all are today. After Vlance walked out, he found his brothjer and talked him into helping him. he didn't want to go it alone.

Vlance, by the way, is a Berzerker. If his eyes go darker, or his pupils dilate, or if he gets angry enough and his muscles all start to tence up, he's going Berzerker. He's stronger, a hell of a lot more so, but slower, and not as quick thinking. it gives him a boost to his immunity to magic (Both arcane and Light wise), so he can't be easily put down by either (Than you Aldrathorn), but they will work ifn he's pumped with enough of either.

Hope this has helped. Sorry for the wall of text. But if you read it all, here's a cookie <Gives a cookie>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nadim

PostSubject: Re: Vlance's Jewel   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 am

*Grabs cookie and munches*
I got a little sense on how you want me to examine the gem =)
Just hope that there is some mage coming online soon, would probably need his/her help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: Vlance's Jewel   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:49 am

Well, we can do it today, tomorrow or Saturday onwards Smile Honestly, not even -I've- thought of how to "Cleans" the gem yet, so if any ideas come your way go ahead and ask. As I saidm - It's both Magic resistant, Physicaly enduring and untouchable by religious power...

So aye, have fun trying to crack it, I have an idea in mind...

Try zapping it with both at once, maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nadim

PostSubject: Re: Vlance's Jewel   Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 am

We might overload it by zapping it with both, but we don´t know that yet =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: Vlance's Jewel   Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:33 am

Something I forgot to mention:

When the jewel is worn, is forms a mental bond with the wearer. If the jem's removed, it takes about a week for the bond to deteriorate. Anyone can hear it if it's worn, and if people with a mental bond come within an arms reach, they can hear it as well Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nadim

PostSubject: Re: Vlance's Jewel   Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:02 am

Sorry about yesterday Fel =( My dad pulled my internet.
That is why I can´t play after 21:30 when he is on that mood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: Vlance's Jewel   Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 am

No worries. After you vanished, Ethrean put the neclace on. He heard two voices, told Vlance that (I was controling the gem) but Vlance (Whow as within an arms reach and still has the one-week mental connectio) only heard the one voice, Drellia's Very Happy

After the pair wound Vlance up, threatening the jewel, and after Vlance tried to convince Ethrean to give him the ejwel (Because he'd heard how alone and scared Drellia was inside of it), the nigth slowly wound down until they decided it was time to sleep and went away, the gem still in hand! >_<

Ethrean almost sounded ready to hand the jewel over, but he said "It's not my choice to make." if you'd have been there, Vlance might have his jewel Very Happy I think it's Jerrack (Or someone with a name very close to that) who Vlance is going to kill weather he gets the jewel abck or not, simply ebcause of what he said to Vlance.

And Ethrean has a seed of corruption a bit like Vlance, thanks to the ejwel, but his is a day old rather than two weeks.

That's pretty much all you missed! Cya this evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vlance's Jewel   

Back to top Go down

Vlance's Jewel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1