Scarlet Enclave

The keep of the Scarlet Enclave

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

For the Group - Take Two!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Felanar

PostSubject: For the Group - Take Two!!   Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 pm

*A strong and sudden breeze brushes past you, carrying with it a small slip of paper. It catches on your outstretched arm, flapping madly in the wind. As the unexpected gust dies down, the paper slips from your arm and floats down to the floor. Snatching it up from the ground, a brief look over tells you all you need to know.

Trouble in Duskwood. It was nothing new, an adventurer’s life is always full of danger and this was not the first time you had heard the cries for help from the forsaken place. Your patience at last reaching its limits, you pack your bags and begin the long hike to Darkshire. "Meet in the town hall" the flier had said, though no more details, other than directions and a warning to come armed had been provided. For all you knew, the flier could have been months old, but heck, destiny always had a way of spitting you out at where ever the action is.

Who's to say this time'll be any different?*

((Yes, this is it, For the Group - Take 2!! Some members shall remember our last group but, alas, things did not go to plan... However! Never say never is my motto (Or it would be) so here I am, trying again. I already have Stoen with me and the guide lines for the group provided. This time, however, knowing the faults of our previous attempt, i know what to and what not to do. Let me set this up rather briefly, then:

History - The reason your character is there is because of a leaflet, someone aproaching you, whatever you like, but it -has- to mention you being summoned there to aid Duskwood in this, its darkest hour. Before that, you could be whatever you like. Your character can be from any walk of life and any group, so long as they have good enough IC reason to be accepted by the alliance.

Races / Classes / Skills - No two races the same, no two classes the same, no two skills (Which are not secondary skills) the same. We decided this with the last group and it worked well, if we could get everyone to co-operate well enough that is. The mix of races is for flavour so we're not all Humans. It's true, having two races / classes the same means they could compare and have fun RPing together, but we're going for a mix here. As for skills (Professions), there needs to be a mix so people don't fight for the same resources to make the same stuff. EG - A blacksmith and an engineer fighting for bars I can understand. Two Blacksmiths fighting for bars I don't =/ One last thing - Some races have a bonus to certain abilities and stuff, so try to use that to yuor advantage (Like Draenei are better at Jewelcrafting...)

Location, location, location! - We shall start of, as mentioned, in Darkshire's town hall, though the reason there is no time limit is because we've not finalised any of that stuff yet. After this tag-together group of mercs (Or whatever you want to call them) has finished up saving Darkshire's ass, I'm sure they will have all grown too attached (Be it to the safety, having peons to help you or friends to aid) to the others in the group and so... Well, we'll have to see where it goes, leaving what happens after Darkshire 100% open.

Requirements - I know, we hate them, but they are needed if we're gonna get this done right and in a fun way Razz Your character for this, the moment they hit 20, will drop anything they're doing (Not class quests, of course, but anything else with exp granted) and go to Darkshire's hall. They need to have their chosen professions at a decent level, their life story sorted out (MyRolePlay addon for this, maybe?) and you -must- have regular playing hours. We can't have one person free all day and another all night. School or work, I can understand, but your playing time has to be at a good level Razz Also - Patience. If someone has an hour to play, we don't run to get as much exp as possible, we RP as the group is made to and enjoy it!

Gear - In our last group, we nuked everything and never needed to stop for drink or food. I say get good gear for when we do instances, but for when we're just questing, wear the egar sold by vendros or something. We don't just need to play the part, we need to look it, and trust me when I say a group of 5 doing yellow 1 man quests will nuke everything.

Experience - Yes, 5 people sharing exp from 1 man quests means we'll have to do a lot more questing, it also means we need patience as mentioned above in bold. This works to our advantage, however, as it means we can quest in several different zones for the same level of people, giving us more RP chances and such Razz

Now that that's out of the way - Applications. If you're interested, put your name forwards. After we've figured out who's gonna be what race / class / skills combo, we'll sort times out. Applications (To make it easier for me to sort out) must be like this, please Razz

Character Name - Say, Bobby 'Madman' McDail for example
Character Age - Some races live longer than others, remember Razz
Race - 1 of each, so we have a mix.
Class - 1 of each, just like Race
Professions - Try to take 2 which match up. e.g. - Mining and Blacksmithing, or herblore and alchemy. If the profession that feeds your profession is taken (EG - Someone wants to be a leatherworker but skinning is already taken) then choose another that'll benefit (EG - Enchanting + Leatherworking Razz). I doubt we'll have any trouble with this as, up until 20, it’ll be mains feeding our RP characters and their professions, but it's something to think about still :S
Alignment - Good? Evil? Neutral? lawful good? Chaotic evil? true neutral? Your choice, a mix of alignments always leads to some interesting RP, especially when opposites clash.
(Optional) Brief description - Bob is tall with curly brown hair, handsome features and a long scar down his arm. Never takes his gloves off, never talks. Just for an example.
(Optional) Anything else? - Ayup, Bob despises warriors because he thinks they're dumb brutes Razz

Right, that is all I can think of. To stress why we're not life-long-friends like the last time - It didn't add enough to our background. this way, we don't all know everything about the people we work with because we're just a rag-tag group that, in the end, decided to stick together for one reason or another. It's also because friends wouldn't clash all that much, but people working for the same goals would... take the Horde and the Alliance in Northrend for example Razz))

Last edited by Felanar on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Name - Krandalion Figsproot (Roll the R in Kran)
Age - 1000 (OK, sorta young I know, but I don't know anything on Draenei lore and even the whole "Rattled brain" thing's gonna leave a few memories to be stirred up when we go to the Outlands so the younger he is, the better for me!)
Race - Draenei
Class - Shamman
Proffesions - Jewelcrafting & Enchanting (Racial Bonus to Jewelcrafting, feeds Enchanting)
Alignment - Chaotic Good (Doesn't like being pushed around, will break the law for the greater good)
Brief Description - Tall, not as muscular as other Draenei. A cheeky young man who decided to try his luck being a bounty hunter / Adventurer. Still has a strong accent. Loved shiny rocks and working with the flows of nature.
Anything else - The crash rattled his brain enough to forget the exact details of his life of Draenor. (My excuse for not knowing Draenei lore all too well)

Next? Razz And yes, I'm leveing this guy now, so I'd rather not have to change him Sad I have, however, picked the blue skin so I doubt I'll have any trouble with that ^^ Now then, c'mon fellas, it's your turn Very Happy

Last edited by Felanar on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Character Name - Hendar Bitterbeard, of the Stormpike
Character Age - 200
Race - Dwarf
Class - Warrior
Professions - Mining/Blacksmithing
Alignment - Lawful Neutral (He doesn't think about good and evil, his actions are dictated by his belief, so honour e.t.c)
Brief description - Hendar's beard is long and grey, along with long grey hair, but amongst his grey beard and wrinkles (which do cover most of his scars) two, blue Eyes shine, full of youthful vim and Vigour
Anything else? - Like many of his kin, Hendar loves beer, gold and honour, but due to his age, he is fairly untrusting of anything Arcane, Draenic or Night-Elvish. As he's a Stormpike, he has a obsession with perfection in everything, his armour, weapons, kills, beer, everything, and expects the same from his allies. That, and he's grumpy and stubborn... so your classic, old Dwarf!

I'll level him as soon as I can, and Fel, Draenei are immortal when it comes to Age
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tosen

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:21 am

Character name: Henaz Fortes
Character age: 453
Race: Night elf
Class: Druid
Proffesions: Tailoring
Alignment: Lawful good (Avoids every fight, if possible)
Brief description: A tall man, like all elves. Long greenish hair without a beard. Has purpleish skin and glow-in-the-dark eyes.
Anything else?: He loathes fighting with his hearth, and only fights if it can't be helped. Specialized in the arts of healing, making him a good man to stick around with.

(( Draenei, Dwarf, Night Elf, Now only the human and ze gnome! ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:18 am

((So, we have a tank and one (If not two) healers. This is brilliant Smile Also, Tosen, are you gonna take anything besides tailoring or are you gonna leave it at that? I knew enchanting is taken and they fit brilliantly together, but you can always pick skinning or something (If there arn't any soon-to-be leather workings who mind..?) Also - Are the sure Draenei are immortal? Seems a bit far fetched to me...))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:24 am

Ayup, Blizz says so in their monster manual, Draenei/Eredar are immortal when it comes to Age, but they can die due to disease, decapitation, internal bleeding e.t.c.
And Fel, try Enh shammies. I wish I'd have picked that as my MS on my own Shammy ^^ it's fun, and isn't the button mashing that Elemental is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 am

ENH? I take it you mean Enhancment and that that's a tree in their talents? I'll try it, I guess...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

Indeedy.
until 40, it's a bitch to use, as you can't dual wield, so use what you like
after then, you can pown if you do it right
Besides, you get Stormrofl, who needs Thunderf*ck? ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Garde Beronos

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 am

Name: Balardor
Character Age: 27
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Proffesions: Leatherworker & Skinning
Alignment: Neutral (Merc Style)
Breif Description: Medium Size, Thin Jet Black Hair. He also sticks to the shadows.
Other Details: His last name is unknown, and seems to just be the guy in the corner. He hates Blood Elves and some Night Elves but will work for any man or women as long as they have the money. Although he has a tough outside, once he becomes attached he will know no fear to defend his companions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Garde Beronos

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 am

(( *flex* Got to the human! ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Human Rouge
Night Elf Druid
Dwarf Warrior
Draenei Shamman

Now we just need the Gnome with their great knowledge and lunguistic tongues Razz Shouldn't be hard, who doesn't like Gnomes? Anyway - You had all best get leveling asap, I've got my shammy to 6 and I'm well under way to hitting 20. We might have this up by the end of next week, depending how devoted some people are to leveling their characters to 20 and getting them to Darkshire. Might i suggest you both get the most recent versions of GHI and MyRolePlay for this? it'll help with names, items and such.

Best of luck who ever rolls Gnome. Anyone feel like mentioning this to any friends inparticular so we can get our Gnome and get this rollin soon as?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Trust me Fel, I've tried to rope in a friend, but he doesn't have the time.
I'll level mah oldie asap too ^^ (Though "Old" is 200... Stoen is 150! mabye he should get grey hair soon-ish... go with the monocle! anyways, I digress)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Sent Aldrathorn (Or Alrthras? I can never remember which was part of the last porject...) an in-game message so if he answers sharpish, I've told him to come here for more info Razz I did mention it's Gnome or asking someone else really ncie-like, so I'm not 100% sure if he'll be interested, but he loved the last group and I see no reason why he shouldn't want to join this new one when he finds my message Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:39 am

I think it was Tarnation, Fel xP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:01 am

Him too, then O_o I'm sure it was one of those two... Eh, I'll see if I've got mail. If not, I'll message Tarn about it. Has he been onr ecently? I've been busy with alts and stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Garde Beronos

PostSubject: Change :S   Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:17 am

Changing Balardor to Evil and being an assassin Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:40 am

Kaithlin solved our Gnome problem Very Happy :

Gnome problem solved!

Name: Madgy Tinkerspark
Race: Gnome
Class: Mage
Proffesions: Engineer (because Fel wants it)
Description: She is a young gnome that has a lot to learn about life but she controls her mage and tinker skills very good.
Despite her young age she has a brilliant and intellegent mind.
History: No idea. (under construction)
Allignment: Good and helpful, will always aid in food, drinks, portals, ...

Now we all just need to get to level 20 in our chosen class and we'll be good to go. Remember everyone (I'll say this because we had a couple of problems with it) - You need two sets. The first set can be any armour, mismatching and all, this is your armour with all the great buffs you would wear when solo leveling. The second pair of armour looks good but doesn't necesarily have to have good buffs. This is for RPing, leveling together and everything else which is not an instance. Hope this clears a few things up Razz See you all in Darkshire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaithlyn

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:29 am

Announcement:
Tosen is ... OUT Sad
So bye Nelf...What's your next move Fel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Bugger... We need to find someone, and soon. Said person'll need to get a Night Elf of any unchosen class to level 20, but who d'you think'll just say "OK" and go with that..? And who would have the time? Why does doing this always get something to turn around and bite me in the ass, damnit all!? ><
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaithlyn

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:12 am

Well... I got a Night Elf druid at lvl 12 so -the person- can choose between a gnome and a Nelf Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:13 am

Heh, speaking with you as I did, I'm gonna get in touch with Tosen myself and see why it is he's left Razz If it's for the reasons you said, he doesn't need to leave, as this time of year is the most busy for a lot of people ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoenbrow

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:30 am

Must... level... Dwarf...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:13 am

Good news - I've talked Tosen abck into it (A short while back now) aftyer explaining he can take all the time he needs to level and that one or two of us (Myself included) hadn't hit 20 anyways so he's back ^^ Not checked on him for a while, need to get the rest of my bar to 20. Any rough guesses as to when we can kick this off?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Felanar

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm

About time I updated this... OK - We have two options.

We can simply RP our way through the world as it is now once we're all ready (Yes, some of us are taking our sweet time, myself included Wink ) OOOOR!!! We can wait for Cataclysmn. One of us can roll Worgen if they really want to and we can then explore the new Azeroth with new quests and a whole enw experience! What do you say? Smile

Start now and interact with Cata when it arrives or wait till Cata and come up with a new reason for the group comming together? Razz Your call, guys, but I vote for waiting for Cata Wink

Also - If we do wait and the Scarlets go inactive, we'll have mroe time for the group. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Garde Beronos

PostSubject: :>   Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Im up for that i guess :3 I'm suprised you havent started already tbh though xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Group - Take Two!!   

Back to top Go down

For the Group - Take Two!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next